Michael Trew is a songwriter, native to the Pacific Northwest. In early years, he spent time with teacher Chandana Dixit, exploring classical Indian music. In 2008, he formed folk/prog rock group The Autumn Electric, releasing five albums and touring nationally. During this time he performed as opener for European artist Marius Ziska, during his US tour.
In 2016, Michael signed with Natural Cut Records to record his debut solo effort, Waiting in the Wings. Released in fall of 2017, the album received warm reviews, and drew comparisons to the melodic and expansive rock of The Moody Blues and Big Big Train. A tour of the western United States followed in early 2018, along with appearances at Northwest Folklife Festival, Upstream Festival, and Lava Hot Springs Folk Festival.
In 2016, Michael co-founded progressive rock band Moon Letters, which has gone on to release Until They Feel the Sun (2019), opening for Reuter and Gunn at that year's Seaprog Festival. This was followed by 2022's Thank You From the Future, and a performance at Terra Incognita Festival (Quebec, Canada) opening for Anekdoten and La Maschera di Cera.
- Vocals/Guitar/Flute - The Autumn Electric (2008-2015)
- Bass/Mandolin/Keyboards/Vocals - Brian Vogan (2011-present)
- Vocals/Flute - Moon Letters (2016-present)
- Keyboards/Vocals/Flute - The HZ. (2011-present)
- Vocals/Mandolin - The I.R.S. (2021-present)
- Auxilary Percussion - Coool Babies (2022-present)